Terms and conditions
Policy concerning the protection of personal information
Online shop Freddo Canada (“the online shop”) is operated by Les Chocolats Vadeboncoeur Inc. The terms and conditions of sale below constitute a contract between the customer (“you” or “the customer”) and Les Chocolats Vadeboncoeur Inc. (“we” or “Freddo”). By making a purchase, you agree to these terms and conditions. Freddo reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions as it sees fit, and all such modifications shall be displayed in this section of the online shop, and such display constitute effective notice.
Legal address of the operator:
Les chocolats Vadeboncoeur Inc. (Freddo)
9400 Ray Lawson Boulevard
Anjou, Quebec H1J 1K9
Online shop prices
All prices displayed in the online shop are in Canadian dollars, and we reserve the right to adjust all prices at our sole discretion, at any time and without prior notice.
Freddo strives to keep sufficient inventory of the products displayed in its online shop. However, it in no way guarantees that products will be available. Freddo assumes no responsibility for any stock-out shortage, and reserves the right to limit order quantities and to stop carrying certain products.
If Freddo is unable to deliver one or more products in an order, we will attempt to contact the customer by email or by phone, using the contact information provided by the customer upon placing their order. Any amounts charged by Freddo to a credit card in connection with such products, including any delivery fees, will be credited as soon as possible.
Transactions in the online shop
At its sole discretion, Freddo may limit or cancel orders placed under the same user account, paid for with the same credit card or delivered and/or billed to the same address. Again, if an order is cancelled or modified, Freddo will attempt to contact the customer by email or by phone, using the contact information provided by the customer upon placing their order. We also reserve the right to limit or cancel any order that, in our sole judgment, appears to have been placed for the purpose of resale or promotional or commercial redistribution.
Freddo employs the services of third parties to deliver its products. Products purchased are subject to a delivery contract, and therefore Freddo is not responsible for any delay or loss of its products while they are in the custody of a third party. Once the products are delivered, Freddo is not responsible for any loss or theft of the products, nor for the condition in which they are delivered. However, we will exercise judgment to provide you with the best possible shopping experience. Please contact our customer service about any problem related to a product delivery.
5.1 Delivery times
Please note that the delivery times below may vary due to weather conditions or other external factors beyond our control. In such situations, Freddo will ensure that all orders are delivered as soon as possible.
Deliveries within Quebec: 2 to 10 business days.
Deliveries to the rest of Canada: 3 to 15 business days.
5.2 Delivery fees
Delivery fees are calculated when you place your order, based on the weight of the products, the size of the packaging and the delivery address.
Exchange and refund policy
If you have any problems with your order, please contact our customer service by email at email@example.com or by phone at 1-800-276-8504, and we will work to resolve the situation as soon as possible.
Policy concerning the protection of personal information
Les Chocolats Vadeboncoeur Inc., its subsidiaries, its brands (FREDDO and others) (collectively, “FREDDO“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with applicable laws. This policy (the “Policy“) concerns the protection of personal information by FREDDO and applies to all of its personal information collection and processing activities, including through websites owned and operated by FREDDO (the “Websites“), whether accessed by cellphone or computer, including the following Websits and their subdomains: www.freddocanada.com.
The terms “you,” “your” and “yours” refer to the person whose personal information is collected or processed by FREDDO. The terms “we,” “us” and “our” refer to FREDDO.
This Policy is intended to help you understand how FREDDO collects, uses, processes, discloses, maintains and protects your personal information. It is important for you to read and understand the Policy, since it forms a contract between you and us. By providing us with your personal information, you agree to be bound by this Policy. The Policy is organized under the following topics:
1 – What categories of personal information do we collect?
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual. This includes information that can be used alone or with other information to identify, contact or locate a particular person. Information from which all direct and indirect identifiers have been removed (i.e. anonymized personal information) is not personal information. We may collect, use, store and transfer the following categories of personal information:
- personal identity information, such as first name, last name, username, sex, date of birth and title
- personal contact details, such as email address, mailing address, postal code and telephone number(s)
- order history, such as the names and contact details used to place an order, and information about the products of interest
- financial information, such as details related to the PayPal account or credit card used to place your online order
- personal technology information, such as Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation information, cookies, and other technologies on the devices you use to access this Website
- information about Internet activity, such as browsing history, search history and interactions with our Website and online advertisements
- personal career profile information, such as your online recruitment password, how you heard about us, the information of the person who referred you for a position at FREDDO, your status as a FREDDO employee, the legal status that allows you to work in Canada, your curriculum vitae and any other information you choose to add to your career profile.
We do not collect any sensitive personal information about you (such as information about your ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, genetic or biometric data).
If you provide FREDDO with another person’s personal information, you represent that you have obtained all necessary consents from that person to authorize us to collect, use and disclose that personal information for the purposes set out in the Policy.
By providing us with this personal information, sending us an email or visiting a Website, you are communicating with us electronically. You thereby consent to receive non-commercial electronic communications from us, either by Internet, email or by notices posted on any of our Websites in accordance with the Policy.
You agree that by providing you with electronic agreements, notices, information and other communications, we are complying with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
2 – How do we collect your personal information?
We use various methods to collect your personal information, including the following:
- Direct interactions. In contacting us, you may provide us with your personal information, such as when you do one of the following:
- sign up for our newsletters
- enter contests or sweepstakes administered by FREDDO.
- create a user account and choose a password
- contact us directly via a contact form available on a Website
- order products via one of the Websites
- request a discount coupon for a FREDDOlproduct
- apply for a job opportunity on the FREDDO Website
- Indirect interactions. We collect certain personal information about you indirectly from our service providers with whom you also do business. This occurs when we receive your application for a vacancy through a recruitment agency, or when we obtain your contact and identity information from a third party for marketing purposes. Any indirect collection of your information is done in accordance with this Policy, any privacy policies of the service provider in question, and in accordance with applicable laws.
Automated technologies or interactions. When you interact with our Website, we will automatically collect personal technology information and information about Internet activity regarding the computer equipment used to navigate our Websites and your browsing trends. We collect this information using cookies, pixels, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive your personal technology information if you visit third-party websites that use our cookies.
3 – Why do we collect and use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with our Policy, for other purposes authorized by law or with your consent.
We may use the information collected for the following purposes:
|Type of Personal Information||Purpose|
||Provide access to our Websites and improve your use of them|
||Respond to your messages and requests, including complaints or comments about our products|
Administer contests, prize draws and surveys, and promote FREDDO subsidiaries and brands
Enable you to complete an order or transaction online; provide you with updates on the status of your transaction or order
||Provide access to our “Working at FREDDO” Website. and provide employment opportunities|
||Comply with obligations imposed by applicable law|
As stated above in section 10 (e), you may always choose not to receive promotional material or commercial information from FREDDO. For increased safety, we will not send you commercial emails without your express consent.
4 – To whom do we disclose your personal information?
Except as set out below, FREDDO does not disclose or sell the personal information you have provided us to third parties. FREDDO discloses your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- to our service providers who help us achieve the purposes for which your personal information was collected, including server hosting providers who help us store your personal information
- to service providers who help us conduct demographic research on visitors to our Website and on candidates for our job postings
- to comply with our obligations under any law or regulation, investigation by a government authority, subpoena or court order, or other administrative or governmental authority
- to a law enforcement agency or government agency in connection with an investigation of fraud, real or potential, a violation of a law, regulation or conditions of use of the Websites, or for the protection of rights, ownership or security of FREDDOl our customers/users or partners
- to an acquiring entity in connection with the completion or proposal of a business transaction (including its achievement/implementation, liquidation, foreclosure or repossession), concession, merger, business combination or any other type of acquisition, liquidation, transfer, transfer contract or financing of FREDDO, in whole or in part, or of any property, stock, asset, share or business of FREDDO.
We require all third parties to safeguard the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and we only allow them to process your personal information for specific purposes and in accordance with our guidelines.
When you provide us with personal information, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to other jurisdictions for processing and storage, including servers located across Canada. Where required by applicable law, we conduct privacy impact assessments to assess the risk associated with the transfer of personal information outside your province of residence. Please note that privacy laws in other provinces may differ from the laws applicable in your province.
5 – How do we protect your personal information?
FREDDO has implemented reasonable physical, electronic and administrative measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
To prevent unauthorized access to your user profile on a Website, please maintain the accuracy and integrity of the personal information associated with your user profile and ensure that this information is used appropriately.
While efforts are made by FREDDO to ensure that unauthorized third parties will not access or obtain your personal information through the Websites, complete confidentiality and security are not currently guaranteed on the Internet. Communication via the Internet may be intercepted, lost or altered. You acknowledge and agree that FREDDO will not be liable for damages resulting from the transmission of confidential information or personal information via the Internet and that such communications are made at your own risk and peril.
6 – How long will we keep your personal information?
Your personal information is stored securely, both on our premises and on the servers of our service providers.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as permitted or required by applicable laws and our data retention policies. In certain circumstances, we may make your personal information anonymous so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use this anonymous and de-identified data for legitimate business purposes without informing you or obtaining your consent.
7 – Children under the age of 14
The Websites are not intended for children under the age of 14. No one under age 14 may provide personal information on the Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 14. If you are under 14, do not use or provide any information on any Website or through any of its features, do not make any purchases on our Websites or provide us with any information about you, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 14 without verified parental consent, we will delete that information.
8 – Your rights in relation to your personal information
Subject to certain exceptions as permitted by law, you have the following rights with respect to the personal information we hold about you:
- Your right to access
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to receive a general account of our use of that personal information. Upon receipt of a written request from you, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information, although under certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant personal information available to you, such as when the personal information also affects another natural person. In such circumstances, we will inform you, upon request, of the reasons for this refusal. We will endeavour to process all requests for access to personal information in a timely manner.
- Your right to correct
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it corrected. If appropriate, this corrected personal information will be provided to the parties to whom we are authorized to disclose your personal information. We will endeavour to process all requests for correction of personal information in a timely manner.
- Your right to delete
You may ask us to delete or remove your personal information in certain circumstances, such as when we no longer need your information for the purposes for which it was collected, or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable, as your consent is the legal basis for our processing of your personal information). If you have the right to delete your personal information and if we have disclosed it to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to inform them to the extent possible and in cases where this would not require a disproportionate effort. If you so request, where possible and lawful, we will also inform you of the identity of the third parties with whom we have shared your personal information so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to withdraw your consent
If we rely on your implied or expressed consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. However, this withdrawal will not affect the legality of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with certain products or services. We will inform you if this is the case when you withdraw your consent.
If you wish, you can delete your user profile for any newsletter service provided by FREDDO by sending a written request to that effect to our Privacy Officer using the contact information provided in section 14 (below), or by opting out of future communications by clicking on the link at the bottom of each email communication.
- For more information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit the following sites: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en and https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/.
- For more information about Google Search Console, please visit the following sites: https://developers.google.com/terms and https://policies.google.com/terms?hl=en.
- For more information on SEOmorz, Inc, please visit the following sites: https://moz.com/terms-of-use, https://moz.com/privacy-policy and https://moz.com/gdpr.
- For more information on Ahrefs Pte. Ltd., please visit the following sites: https://ahrefs.com/terms and https://www.iubenda.com/privacy-policy/794932/legal.
- improve online customer service and functionality of the Websites
- customize the content of the Websites
- tailor and measure advertising
- provide a safer experience
Most browsers are designed to accept cookies, but they can easily be modified to block them. Your browser’s help files contain information about blocking cookies, detecting cookies that are sent to you and disabling them.
You can also choose the opt-out option by clicking on: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=3&lang=fr.
You can also prevent analytics information from being transferred to and processed by Google Analytics, by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
However, it is important to know that without cookies, you will not be able to access some functions of a Website and therefore will not be able to take full advantage of it.
10 – Hyperlinks to other websites
The Websites may contain hyperlinks enabling users to visit sites maintained by other entities. FREDDO has no control over these websites and is not responsible for those listed on its Websites. Any information you transmit to these websites will be subject to privacy policies applicable to these websites.
Icons leading directly to social media accounts (collectively “Social Media“) (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube) will be available on the Websites’ home pages. Social Media accounts are managed by FREDDOls internal communications team. FREDDO will make every reasonable effort to respond to any comments or questions on Social Media within a reasonable time.
11 – Amendments
FREDDO reserves the right to amend the Policy at any time without notice. You may consult the Policy on the Websites at any time.
We will notify you of any forthcoming changes to the Policy by posting an update on the Website. If you continue to use any Website after a new version of the Policy has been posted, you hereby confirm your acceptance of the changes and are bound by these changes. It is your responsibility to regularly review the Policy and the changes that will eventually be made to the Policy.
12 – Questions
If you have any questions regarding our privacy practices, this Policy, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights with respect to your personal information, please contact FREDDO‘s Privacy Officer at:
Mail: 9400 Ray Lawson Boulevard, Anjou, Quebec, H1J 1K9