Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These classic cookies are always a summer weekend favourite and easy for even a non-baking guest to make. Save some to bake into another treat, Fudgy Cookie Brownies, for a completely different treat!
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) large-flake rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Freddo chocolate chips
- Line rimless baking sheets with parchment paper;; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with sugar until fluffy;Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Stir into butter mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping 1 tbsp (15 mL), about 2 inches (5 cm) apart, onto prepared pans.
- Bake in oven 375°F (190°C),until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer to rack; let cool.