Ice cream cake choco-strawberries
For strawberry filling :
- 1 liter (4 cups) vanilla ice cream
- 225 g (1/2 lb) strawberries -cut in half
For chocolate mousse:
- 250 ml (1 cup) strawberry jam
- 225 g (1/2 lb) cut strawberries in four
- 120 g (about 1/4 of a lb) Freddo dark chocolate waffers
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) sugar
- In a bowl, mix the ingredients of the strawberry filling.
- Line a bread pan with plastic wrap. Divide the ice cream into an even layer in the mold, then place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the strawberry filling into the mold and equalize the surface. Place again in the freezer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a water bath, melt the chocolate waffers with the butter.
- In a second bowl, whisk the cream using the electric mixer until firm picks are obtained.
- Using the electric mixer, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a third bowl, until the preparation turns white.
- In the bowl containing the egg yolk preparation, add the melted chocolate preparation and stir.
- Stir in the whipped cream, gently folding the preparation with a spatula, until a homogeneous preparation is obtained.
- Pour the chocolate mousse into the mold and equalize the surface. Place in the freezer for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the iced cake from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Unmold the cake by turning it over to a serving plate. Top with strawberries.