Glazed log with chocolate mousse, caramel and «fleur de sel»
An absolutely divine Christmas log that will perfume the whole kitchen!
Freezing1 hour 30 minutes
- 430 ml (1 3/4 cup) baking cream 35%
- 370 g of Freddo milk chocolate chips
- 60 ml (¼ of cup) diced butter
- One 7g bag of non-flavored gelatin
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) baking cream (35%)
- 60 ml (1/4 Cup) water
- 180 ml (3/4 Cup) sugar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) corn syrup
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) butter
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) «fleur de sel»
- 375 ml (1 1/2 cup) crumbled brownies
- Some milk chocolate shavings
- Some Freddo white chocolate chips
- Some raspberries
- In a saucepan, boil cream at medium heat. Turn off heat, add the chocolate and stir until it is melted. Incorporate the butter.
- Cover the inside of a bread mold with an 8 "x 4" (20 cm x 10 cm) plastic wrap. Pour half of the chocolate preparation. Equalize and freeze 30 minutes.
- Prepare the caramel. In a bowl, allow the gelatin to inflate in the cream 5 minutes, then stir. Heat in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
- In a saucepan, heat the water with sugar and corn syrup for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat until the preparation takes an amber color. Stir in the cream and gelatin mixture as well as the butter. Leave to cool.
- Stir in the «fleur de sel». Pour the caramel into the mold and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cover the caramel with the rest of the chocolate preparation. Equalize. Freeze from 30 to 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate from 4 to 5 hours.
- Unmold, then garnish with crumbled brownies, chocolate shavings and raspberries