White chocolate and carrot cake Christmas log
See the below video for a sensorial ASMR experience of this recipe step by step
FreezingPossible without icing
For the icing:
- 300 g (2/3 lb) Freddo white chocolate chips
- 2 packs of cream cheese, 250 g each, softened
- 250 ml (1 cup) softened butter
- 10 ml (2 tsp) vanilla extract
- 1 litre (4 cups) icing sugar
For the cake:
- 210 ml (3/4 cup - 2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) ground ginger
- 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) nutmeg
- 1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) salt
- 4 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) peeled and grated carrots
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) Minces 70% cocoa and Fleur de sel Freddo
- 50 g (1 3/4 oz) Freddo White Chocolate Thins with Sea Salt
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) Dulce de Leche
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt white chocolate chips for icing in a double boiler or microwave.
- In a bowl, whisk cream cheese with butter and vanilla using electric mixer.
- Whisk in melted white chocolate.
- Gradually add the icing sugar in the bowl and whisk until light and creamy. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt in a second bowl.
- In a third bowl, whisk eggs with sugar for 5 to 7 minutes using electric mixer, until mixture whitens and triples in volume. Stir in vanilla and oil.
- Stir dry ingredients into moist ingredients, gently folding the mixture with a spatula. Add the grated carrots, folding the mixture again, until smooth.
- Butter a 38 cm x 25 cm (15-inch x 10-inch) baking sheet, then line with parchment paper. Pour the dough onto the baking sheet and even the surface.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes on the centre rack, until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and turn the cake over a cloth. Allow to cool, then gently remove the parchment paper. Allow to cool until cake is at room temperature.
- Top the cake with half the icing.
- Roll the cake over the width, applying a little pressure as you go to form a solid-shaped cylinder.
- Place the log in a serving dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a spatula or a pastry bag with a uniform nozzle, decorate the log with the rest of the icing. Garnish with both kinds of Freddo Thins, then top with leche dulce. Refrigerate for 1 hour.